At Starpoint, personalized home care really is personal. Our team listens carefully to understand clients’ likes and dislikes, hobbies and pastimes, and personal schedules. We then make a match to a caregiver based on personality and common interests. Our team can also create the ideal care plan depending on specific needs.
Here are some of the services we provide:
- Dressing and Grooming
- Fall Prevention
- Light Housekeeping
- Medication Reminders
- In-Patient Care Companion
- Bathing, Hygeine, & Toileting
- Appointment Accompaniment
- Meal Preparation (including kosher)
Why choose StarPoint?
- Full range of non-medical services and companionship, provided in-home, as well as at physical rehabilitation centers and hospitals
- Friendly, compassionate, expertly trained caregivers, personally matched by StarPoint’s Director to the personality and preferences of you or your loved one
- We can provide assistance with documentation for your long-term care insurance provider, when applicable
- 100 percent of profits invested back into the community through Jewish Family Service of Cincinnati
- Always there for our clients, 24/7/365
- Your caregiver will be attuned to your schedule and routines.
Below are some frequently asked questions regarding personalized home care. If you have additional questions or would like some more information, please reach out and one of our expert team members will get back to you promptly.Contact us
Home care enables a person to live as independently as possible without having to give up the comforts of their own home. It allows them to be in a familiar environment, sleep in their own bed at night, and stay close to loved ones like family, friends, and pets. It also brings peace of mind to know they have access to skilled, consistent, reliable care when it is needed, even if those needs change.
StarPoint Home Care does not currently take Medicaid or Medicare insurance. Should you have a long-term care (LTC) insurance plan, StarPoint will work diligently with you LTC to get your services covered under your policy. Please note that many LTC policies have an elimination period that you must meet before services are covered.
No. Home care services can be provided wherever home is—a private residence, a senior living community, or while staying with a friend or family caregiver.
What StarPoint provides is Home Care- nonmedical private duty assistance- things like toileting, bathing, dressing, meal preparation, companionship, often described as Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
Home Health Care is a different service, often covered by medical insurance and includes nursing, physical, speech and occupational therapy and wound care.
All StarPoint aides are background checked and drug screened. Once our team meets with and assesses the client, they work with caregivers to make the best possible match in personality and needs. If at any time you are unhappy with a caregiver, we will work hard to fix the care to your satisfaction.
Our team is dedicated to providing family-like care. We get to know our clients and caregivers, and consider our team a family. In addition, as a non-profit, all of our proceeds go directly back to serving the Cincinnati Jewish Community, through our parent agency, Jewish Family Service of Cincinnati.